Saturday, July 30, 2005

Myth of Marriage (2)

Well, judging by the overwhelmingly positive responses, you didn't like what I had to say about marriage. Please try to remember one thing, this was an unabashed attack on the institution of marriage. I could see how this may be taken personally, but please try to avoid personal attacks. Defend your viewpoint and the institution itself. But I don't think you can. That is the problem. It is an indefensible institution. You have been forced to box me in to some type of personality profile so you can sling rocks. This is a common strategy used by mostly conservative radio talk show hosts. Tell the person who they are and where they are coming from philosophically and begin the onslaught.

But in response, I have had many very positive relationships and have honestly never been crushed by a woman. I am not jaded at all. It is for this reason that I am able to think very clearly when it comes to this subject. I approach the subject scientifically. Well, I think I will move on to lighter things in the next blog before a fu**ng hit squad ends up at my house. No hard feelings and I wish all the married men the very best of life your wives allow you to enjoy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Zeitgeber said...

"Every man I know that is married, is miserable and they implore me to not make the same mistake, for my chains will be longer."

This statement seems to be more a personal attack than an attack on the institution. That might be why you garnered the responses you did.

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home